RIKON's 12” x 16.5” Variable Speed Midi Lathe #70-150VSR is has been designed to offer features seen on larger industrial lathes. An ideal lathe for novice to professional turners. Designed with a powerful 1HP DC motor, electronic variable speed controls, a wide range of operating speeds, digital RPM readout, ample diameter and spindle length turning capacities in forward and reverse drives. Corded control box has a magnetic back that allows it to be moved along the front of the cast iron lathe bed, and positioned where you want it for easiest access when turning. Left, outboard end of the lathe bed is milled to take a special 13-1/2″ bed extension (#70-903 sold separately) to allow outboard turning of diameters up to 15″ . Lathe includes spur center, live center, 3” faceplate, 6″ tool rest with 1″ diameter post, knock-out bar, wrenches and tool holder.
- POWERFUL: Powerful 1HP DC Motor provides ample power for all turning needs
- VARIABLE SPEED: Electronic variable speed controls, wider range of operating speeds, digital RPM readout for forward and reverse rotation speeds
- MOVABLE CONTROL BOX: Corded control box has a magnetic back that allows it to be moved along the front of the cast iron lathe bed and positioned where you want it for easiest access when turning
- VALUABLE FEATURES: (1) Pivoting belt cover for easy access when changing belt speeds, (2) ball-bearing construction for smooth, precise spindle operation, (3) machined bed and matching components give precise alignment and (4) adjustable locking handles keep components positioned securely
- ADD CAPACITY: Lathe bed has machined ends for adding extensions to increase spindle capacity