This tools is Titanium Nitride coated for increased performance and resistance to edge wear. The cutting edge on these tools will outlast Sorby normal tools by a minimum of three fold. Spend less time sharpening and more time turning. This tool is sharpened with a standard grind. Milled from solid round bar stock providing mass and stability. Made from high speed steel, properly hardened and tempered. And titanium coated. Without the titanium coating, the steel a sharpened edge about six times longer than carbon steel and resist "blued" softening from overheating during grinding or from heavy turning. It comes with hard White Ash handle and brass ferrule. Handle is 14” long with tool being 9” in length. Overall length is 23”.
- Made from hardened and tempered high speed steel and then Titanium Nitride coated for increased resistance to edge wear. Will hold an edge much longer than standard hardened steel.
- Steel will resist "blued” softening from overheating during grinding or heavy use
- Comes with hard White Ash handle and brass ferrule
- Handle is 14 inches long with tool being 9 inches in length
- Overall length is 23 inches