Bowl Gouges have increased flexibility with fingernail grind. Greater cutting tip area can be used for heavy profiling cuts and fine, delicate shearing cuts. Spindle Gouges are ideal for fine detailing on spindle work. Having the wing tips ground back reduces the danger of them catching when working in confined areas. Bowl gouge Size: 1/4"
- Made from hardened and tempered high speed steel that that will keep a sharpened edge about six times longer than carbon steel
- Steel will resist "blued” softening from overheating during grinding or heavy use
- Come with hard White Ash handle and brass ferrule
- Handle is 14 inches long with tool being 9 inches in length
- Overall length is 23 inches