Note: this is the Proedge Basic System and only contains 2 each belts and the stock tool rest. The Robert Sorby ProEdge Basic offers effortlessly repeatable sharpening every time. Hugely versatile, this industrial strength machine is built to last and delivers astounding ‘factory finish’ results without fail. Perhaps the most simple to use sharpener on the market, this system replicates the industry standard of achieving a flat grind using the preferred method of belts over traditional grinding wheels. Sharpens bench, framing, carving and turning chisels, drill bits, plane irons, knifes and garden tools. The ProEdge Basic comes with the following items: 1. One each of the following belts: one 120 grip aluminum oxide one 60 grit zirconium FEATURES AND BENEFITS: Sharpens with belts rather than abrasive wheels 1. Cuts steel rather than rubbing it off 2. Change belts in seconds 3. Flat bevel rather than hollow grind 4. Wide range of grits and abrasives 5. Sharpens all exotic alloys and carbide* 6. Belt sharpening lowers risk of overheating Patented angle setter guarantees repeatability 1. Sharpen at exactly the same angle every time 2. Nine factory indexed settings provide a guide for all types of tool 3. Can be locked between indexes for custom settings Exceptional Robert Sorby construction 1. Built from solid steel 2. Pivots for operator comfort 3. Inexpensive to run 4. Small workbench footprint 5. Backed by Robert Sorby Warranty Motor 1/2hp Surface Speed 1440 ft (440m) per minute *Carbide tools require use of diamond belt
- Designed for the woodworker, and perhaps the easiest to set up and use
- Comes equipped with stock tool rest and 120 AO and 60 grit Zirconium belts
- Sharpen at the exact angle every time. Nine factory indexed settings provide a guide for all types of tools.
- Wide range of accessories and grits available
- Sharpens bench, framing, carving and turning chisels, drill bits, plane irons, knifes and garden tools.